The Fall River Historical Commission received a letter of intent to demolish Sagamore Mill No. 1, located at 140 Ace Street, from the property owners on Dec. 13, 2019.
The letter of intent begins the city’s six month demolition delay ordinance for the property, which prevents the historic mill from being destroyed until June 13, 2020.
The Historical Commission will discuss the demolition at its Jan. 21, 2020 meeting at 6 p.m. in Government Center and has invited the property owner to discuss possible alternatives to demolition as well as the public.
Sagamore Mill No. 1 (c.1887) is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Fall River Register of Significant Structures.