Dr. Isaac Fiske House – 263 Pine St.
The Preservation Society of Fall River acquired its first historic property in September 2018 with the purchase of the c. 1833 Dr. Isaac Fiske House at 263 Pine Street.
The property has a documented history as an Underground Railroad site and is on the National Register of Historic Places as well as located in Fall River’s Lower Highlands National Historic District.
The historic home was converted into a multi-unit tenement and will remain as such with Preservation Society efforts focused on protecting the building’s exterior and highlighting its place in history.
Community Preservation Act funds assisted with the purchase of the property, as well as Borden Light Marina’s $5,000 donation earmarked to aid the acquisition.
John Read House – 95 June St.
The c. 1845 John Read House at 95 June Street was purchased by the Preservation Society as it’s second property, it’s first as a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) through the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The sale was made in partnership with the Administration of Mayor Paul Coogan and Fall River’s Community Development Agency in November 2021.
William Valentine Carriage House – 166 Purchase St.
The c. 1865 William Valentine Carriage House at 166 Purchase Street is the Preservation Society’s third historic property acquisition.
The property once served as the carriage house for Mr. William Valentine, who lived in front of the building in the home at 150 Purchase Street. Valentine was a horse enthusiast and built the Carriage House for his hobby before the building later transitioned to its current use as two apartments.